TeamLab Introduces the First HTML-5 Document Editor at CeBIT 2012

As you already know, this week TeamLab is participating in CeBIT, a great international IT event held in

Hannover. We’ve decided that it’s a great opportunity not only to meet our users face to face, but also to reveal details on our coming enhancement – HTML-5 based TeamLab Document Editor.

For those, who couldn’t participate in the exhibition, we’ll sum up the main points announced at our press-conference yesterday.

The cutting edge technology, that drives TeamLab Document Editor, differs from all the other existing counterparts, getting use of all the HTML5 features and making it a proper alternative to desktop word processors in the following aspects:

- the input that is always identical to the output: a processed file keeps the same style, paragraphs, symbol and line spacing etc. while displaying in any browser on any OS as well as while importing or printing;

- a proper choice of options for table processing, line spacing, multi-level numbering, text and heading styles;

- possibilities for hassle-free processing of multi-page reports, business or financial documentation precisely complying with all the corresponding standards;

- no language barriers as the number of fonts is maximum with hieroglyphs included.

In other words the goal of TeamLab Document Editor is to combine the convenience and mobility of web applications with the multifunctionality of conventional package doc processors like Microsoft Office Word or OpenOffice Writer.

You can try the beta version of the new editor right now – visit TeamLab Demo Portal at

http://html5.teamlab.com and give us your feedback.

Comments (11)
  1. March 8, 2012 at 10:24 am

I have to say, I am quite impressed with the document editor. It is smooth, runs nice and loads faster than word.

Great job guys!

I was already really happy with open office integration, but this steps it up a huge notch. Makes working with people across platforms a whole lot easier.

2. Server solution user - Reply
    March 8, 2012 at 11:13 pm

Will this editor make its way to the server solution?

• Maria - Reply
      March 12, 2012 at 9:47 am

Luis, thank you for the positive comment.

Server solution user, currently, we do not have plans to integrate TeamLab Document Editor in the Server Solution.

3. Samuel - Reply
    March 12, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Stunning..Great work TeamLab. It would be awesome to have this in open-source edition. thank you!

• Maria - Reply
      March 20, 2012 at 10:30 am

Samuel, thank you!

4. Jagadish - Reply
    March 15, 2012 at 8:47 pm

From long time I was searching for a tool that can suffice the common project management and social activities in a company. And my search ended after working with teamlab, which means teamlab stand ahead of lot many other such kind of tools. Very greatful to teamlab team and thank you so much. Till now I tested this application in my local network and I am good with this.

Now I want to host this on my website (Windows Hosting) for a trial run. So, can you please assist me in this process. I just have my ftp details where i can transfer these files to my website. So which files I need to transfer and what is the process to make it work on my website.

• Maria - Reply
      March 20, 2012 at 10:36 am

Jagadish, in case you need to deploy TeamLab on your local Windows server the instructions provided under the link will help you to complete the task. In case you need more information, feel free to contact us or our support team support@teamlab.com

5. ELUNO - Reply
    March 15, 2012 at 10:43 pm

Great idea and seems like it will have a bright future, but for now it isn’t really that usable. It is still missing a lot of essential features (no undo? really?) so don’t expect me to use it for now.

Hopefully it will get fleshed out so I can give it another try!

• Maria - Reply
      March 20, 2012 at 10:38 am

Currently, TeamLab Document Editor has beta status and, of course, we are planning to develop the product adding all the necessary features.

6. March 20, 2012 at 9:20 am

Hi guys,

just want to educate about HTML5. what features is new in HTML5?

• Maria - Reply
      March 20, 2012 at 10:50 am

Vaness, thank you for the question. Shortly speaking, HTML5 contains HTML4 and several additional modules such as SVG, audio, video and the main reason why we set our choice on this technology – CANVAS. Being a part of HTML5 Canvas allows for dynamic, scriptable rendering of 2D shapes and bitmap images. To put it simple using CANVAS we get free access to pixels and independent text drawing. More information you may find here or here.